Series II: Art for Pleasure a Class Series and Fundraiser, featuring new skills and materials
Enjoy the Social Pleasure of Art-Making in Community
Our first round is going so well that we want to invite you to join us for five more weeks of wonderful creativity!
In this fun, relaxing, creative class series you will:
- build skills, as you experiment with different tools, techniques, styles, and materials;
- discover how color, texture, shape, and line unite to create works of art.
- create original works of art while you connect with fellow art-makers;
- and, explore the works of famous artists.
The relaxed studio atmosphere will encourage creative expression and offer opportunities for you to see and think about the visual world in new ways. We will be exploring NEW skills and materials, so if you took the first class this will be a new experience!
Examples of Types of Art YOU Might Make in this Class...
Get in touch with your inner artist even if you’ve never made art before!
- Open to all skill levels
- All materials provided
- No experience needed
When, Where, and How
When: Thursdays, 1:00-3:00pm, Feb 14-Mar 14
(That’s five 2-hour classes for the same price as the 90-minute classes we ran in the first round!)
Where: Beit Haverim, 1111 Country Club Rd, Lake Oswego, OR, 97034
How: Click the “Register Now” button to reserve your spot!
Pricing: This is a FUNDRAISER for Beit Haverim. That means that all proceeds beyond the materials and services costs of the class go to benefit our community as a whole. It’s a win-win!
- Early Bird: $175 before February 11
- Bring a Friend/Returning Students: Get 10% off the total price when you register together (that’s $157.50 each), OR if you’re a returning student
- After February 11: $200 per person
Meet Your Guide
Tobi Kibel Piatek is an artist, graphic designer, and art educator, as well as a member of Beit Haverim. She teaches painting, drawing and design at Multnomah Arts Center, Markham House Assisted Living, and privately. Her students range in age from 5 to 100 years old. Tobi is a member of the Clackamas County Artists Alliance, and ORA, NW Jewish Artists. She holds a degree in Fine Arts from Pratt Institute in New York.
Tobi says, “This class is about the creative process, not about being an artist. It’s also fun!”